Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dear Baby Papaya...

                                       
Dear Abigail, 
     I am so excited to have my 22 week appointment tomorrow.  I can't wait to hear that strong little heartbeat again ... it's such a beautiful sound.  It will be interesting to see how much weight I've gained, although I don't think it's too much.... yet.  We'll see!
     Your sweet face is fully formed now and you have developed your own sleep cycles.  It's amazing to think that your senses are developing daily too.  Touch is one of the first senses that matures and you will be able to feel your arms and legs or a touch across your face.  I have been touching my belly a lot, hoping that it makes you feel safe.  
     I have been feeling great, although losing my energy again.  It seems to come and go in waves.  Heartburn is still my biggest symptom.  I get it everyday, no matter what I eat.  Weird!  I've had some round ligament pain this week so I know my body is busily preparing to make room for your growing body.  I am almost sure I felt you tonight on and off for about thirty minutes.  It's definitely a neat and different sensation!  I love it!
     Today my students were writing letters to their pen pals and a lot of them shared my special news with their friends.  I always preview the letters before I send them off just to make sure they don't say anything unacceptable and one letter really got to me.  One of my girls wrote, "My teacher is having a baby girl and her name is going to be Abigail Johnson.  She is going to be sweet just like her Mommy."  Let's just say the waterworks started there.
     Well little Abby, I can't wait to hear more things about you tomorrow.  Keep growing strong and healthy.  Daddy and I love you very much!
                                  Love,
                               Mommy
     

No comments: