Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Joining Team Pink!

     I cannot believe how much will power I had from Thursday until Sunday.  I wanted to tear into that envelope so bad, but I remained strong and waited until Jim and I were together.  I knew it would be a special moment that we both wanted to share.  We didn't really decide when to do it on Sunday because my parents were with us, Jim's parents were with us, my sister, and my uncle.  We had a busy day of putting together furniture for our new condo in Baltimore.  As impatient as I was, I didn't say anything to Jim and figured when the time was right, we would open the envelope.  
     Finally, a few hours after working in our condo, Jim says, "so do you want to find out what the kid is?!"  Nice way of putting it, but YES I was ready to know!  The two of us went into our bedroom and opened the envelope together.  It was great.... I just had a feeling we would be joining Team Pink!  After a few minutes, we shared the news with our family.  It was so exciting!! A lot to look forward to now... shopping, baby names, and nursery decor.  
     Baby Girl also received presents that Carol sent along on my trip for us to open after the envelope.  It was two adorable GIRL outfits.  After going with me to my 13 week ultrasound, she recognized that our little one was indeed a little girl.  I think she proved everyone wrong that she is able to keep secrets and GOOD ones at that!  
     

2 comments:

cara said...

Ah! Finding out the sex of the baby keeps adding to the excitement for her delivery. You will love having a girl, they are so fun! Jim is going to have his heart tugged on by two beautiful girls! See you back in Florida.

Carol said...

I'm just now catching up your blog - Chloe has kept me so busy! Why is it so amazing to everyone that I can keep a secret? I kept the diamond ring a secret and baby girl's gender a secret...I'm 2 for 2!