Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dear Baby Banana...

                                           
Dear Baby Girl,
     Here we are at 20 weeks... halfway through our pregnancy!!  (a day late writing to you) WOW, what a HUGE milestone.  I can't even begin to explain to you how Daddy's and my life has changed since this journey began.  With each day that passes, more excitement fills our hearts and makes us so eager to meet you.  Daddy was in Texas earlier this week and bought you pink John Deere cowboy boots.  He says you'll be able to wear them when you are 2 or 3.  Granddad Rowland will LOVE these boots!  
     By now, you weigh about 10.5 ounces and are about 6.5 inches long from head to bottom (the length of a banana).  From head to heel, you are about 10 inches long!  You are swallowing a lot more these days, which is good practice for that little digestive system of yours.  
     I've still been having heartburn after I eat and lately have been getting leg cramps, especially in my sleep.  Overall, I'm feeling great and feeling more energized.  When I was at one of Daddy's games last week, I thought I felt you move.  It all happened so quickly that I didn't really think anything of it.  Just two nights ago, I felt the same sensation.  It was truly amazing!  I'm not sure how to describe the feeling, it was almost like a fish flopping out of the water and back in.  Weird, but cool.  Keep moving around in there... now I want to feel even more!  
     I really have to get some rest now.  My body is good at telling me when enough is enough!  Keep growing strong and healthy little one.... sleep tight! 
                                       Love,
                                    Mommy

No comments: