Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dear Baby Cantaloupe...

                                        
Dear Abigail, 
     I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  At 21 weeks, you are about the size of a cantaloupe.  It must be a smaller one though because I don't feel like I have enough space for that!  You are about 10.5 inches long and weigh 3/4 of a pound.   I am starting to show more and it is evident now that I am pregnant and not just eating too much pizza.  Yesterday I took Max to the vet to get him checked out and one of the doctors said, "You must be due close to my wife."  I guess I can't hide it anymore!
     Not much new is going on with you this week, other than your constant growing.  You are starting to take in several ounces of amniotic fluid each day and your taste buds are actually working now.  Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in what they tasted through amniotic fluid.  I guess I really need to start watching what I'm eating.  I want you to enjoy a lot of different foods when you get older! 
     Mommy has been feeling great lately.  Heartburn hasn't been as bad and morning sickness has been minimal.  I haven't gotten sick in more than two weeks, so it was quite the surprise to find myself sick this morning.  Who knows.... I guess all the books weren't kidding when they said symptoms will come and go!
     I'm looking forward to putting your nursery together in the upcoming weeks.  I LOVE sitting in your room in our glider just thinking of what it will be like once you are here.  Keep growing strong and healthy little lady.  :)
                                    Love,
                                 Mommy
     

No comments: