Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Boy? Baby Girl?

     After a much anticipated doctor's appointment today, I am left with even more anticipation waiting for Sunday to come!  Today was the BIG ultrasound and luckily the ultrasound technician was able to see if our little one was a baby girl or a baby boy.  Jim and I will find out together when we open the envelope on Sunday.  Ahhh ... I swear the envelope follows me wherever I go, wanting me to open it!  I know it will be really special to open it together, so that's what is giving me such will power to just wait it out.  
     Baby Johnson is healthy, has a strong heartbeat, and was moving around like crazy.  Carol went with me again, this time with her new baby Chloe (2 weeks old today).  It's nice to have someone there for me, to share in such a miracle.  If it can't be my husband, at least it's my best friend!  
     Baby was moving around a lot at first, but then decided to be uncooperative.  Still, we were able to get good pictures.  It was really neat to see EVERYTHING.  Literally, the ultrasound tech looked at every nook and cranny.  It was really neat to see parts of the brain, the ventricles of the heart, and of course legs, arms, toes, and fingers.  Everything was measuring right at 18 weeks, 1 day .... except arms were measuring around 17 weeks, 3 days... and the legs were measuring around 19 weeks!! So tall already little Baby!!! :)  I guess it's about now where the baby starts to take on genetic traits.
     I can't wait to share how our special day goes on Sunday.  I'll post as soon as we know!

1 comment:

cara said...

I can't wait to hear the news in the envelop. I didn't know that Carol had another baby. She must have gotten pregnant soon after we saw them.