Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dear Baby Eggplant...

Dear Abigail,
     With each day that passes, I am amazed at how fast this pregnancy seems to be moving along.  At 26 weeks, you are still about the size of an eggplant, measuring about 14 inches from head to heel and weighing almost 2 pounds!  I think you are having a growth spurt right now since I gained more weight this week than usual!!  After having your eyelids shut for quite some time, they will begin to open this week.  Blood vessels are starting to develop in your lungs, making your blood circulation completely functional at this point.  
     I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, which was my last appointment with Dr. Towsley.  It's sad to think he won't be the one to deliver you, but we will soon be taken care of by another great doctor in Maryland.  Dr. Towsley has assured me he won't be retiring for a while and is willing to deliver a whole baseball team for us.  He's too funny.  At this appointment, I had the glucose screening done for gestational diabetes.  I'm hoping I passed because I would dread going back and drinking that straight sugar again.  YUCK!  Your heart was fluttering away with a healthy heartbeat and a couple kicks in between.  It was neat to hear that on the doppler.  I have now gained a total of 16 pounds ... whoa!  I'm trying to watch what I eat a little better, although the doc says I'm right where I should be for this stage of pregnancy... if not a bit under.  Good news!
     Well I've had a long day and another few long days ahead.  I'm getting your things packed little girl, so we can head to Maryland in just a few days.  I look forward to sharing the newest parts of pregnancy with your Daddy.  He will love to feel and see you move around.  Keep growing strong and healthy Abby!
                                   Love, 
                                Mommy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A girl!! Wow! What a beautiful news! Congratulations. (I prefer buying girly stuff than boys...!) I arrived on your blog randomly and I reallylike like it! Just had my first little boy, such a wonderful experience. If you are thinking of names by the way, check out http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ where you can search names by meaning and origin. My little boy is called Marlow and he is just perfect. Fingers are crossed everything goes well for you xx ps. love your blog