Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dear Baby Papaya...

Dear Abigail, 
     At 23 weeks, you are still just about the size of a papaya.... maybe a little bigger since last week.  You are weighing about one pound and about the size of a small baby doll.  You are looking very human at this stage, with a face and body that look very similar to a newborn.  This makes me more excited to see you again in just a few weeks!  Daddy is going to be amazed to see how much you have changed since he last saw you at just 9 weeks.  
      I have been feeling great lately and really enjoy every minute of being pregnant with you.  Feeling you for the first time last week was so amazing.  Since then, I have been able to feel you a few times throughout the day, but mostly at night when I sit down to relax.  Every time I feel you, I just think about what a miracle this is!  
     Daddy and I got to spend some time together on Monday and Tuesday of this week since he was in Tampa playing the Rays.  It was a short visit, but just what we needed.  I saw Daddy before the game started on Monday for just a quick hello.  This was the first time I had seen him in about four weeks.  As I made my way down to the dugout for a hug, Daddy just patted his belly and whispered, "Look at that thing!"  It was really neat to see his reaction, since I have grown a lot since early April.  He even remembered Mother's Day and surprised me with a few Pandora charms for my bracelet.  You will soon find out what I've known for a while now, Daddy truly is the best husband.... and he will be the best father!
     Keep growing strong and healthy for us little one.  I'm off to eat some brownies that I've been wanting for the past three days! :)
                                Love,
                             Mommy

P.S.  Here is the latest picture of Mommy and Daddy.... and you.... 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Liz & Jim,
This is such an awesome way for you to keep everyone close to all of these magical moments you have going on in your life right now ;) It was great to see you both yesterday, Liz you look awesome, you are truly glowing!! Thanks for sharing this blog so that we can stay close to all that you have going on. We feel very blessed. The nursery looks awesome, I can't wait to come and see it in person. Take care, can't wait to see more photos ;)

PS: As you know, we love the name Grace ;) if we could have had a daughter, that would have been her name, or at least part of it. We settled for second best ;)

Much love to the '3' of you,

The Branca's

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cara said...

You two are such a lovely couple. We are so proud of you and celebrate all the joys in your life and stand with you in the sorrows too. I love the baby pics you put on your blog. Great idea. I showed it to my daughter but with her third she said, "Mom I don't have the time." As she runs to get her daughter off the table... ha! Thanks again for taking us to the game with you!