Thursday, May 14, 2009

24 Week Letter.. a day late...

Dear Abigail,
     The last week has been absolutely amazing.  Everyone kept telling me that feeling you move would be such an incredible experience.  I knew it would be and had been anticipating it for a while now.  However, what I didn't know was how much of a bond would form so quickly.  I'm not sure how to put it into words... it's that special!  I just feel so close with you now and whenever I feel you move around, I know you are safe and sound.  I have also been seeing my belly move around, which is completely fascinating!!  When I'm relaxing at night and begin to feel you move around, I just stare down at my belly, trying not to blink.  I love it!
     Your brain is growing quickly now and your taste buds are continuing to develop.  Your lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree as well as cells that will help your air sacs inflate once you enter the outside world.  You are quite long and lanky now, about the length of corn on the cob.  Soon, you will gain more weight to become more proportional.  Reaching 24 weeks is a huge milestone... viability!  If you were to be born now, there is a good chance that you would survive.  
     Yesterday was a special day for Mommy.  The Gocio family held a wonderful baby shower in your honor, hosted by the wonderful third grade team!  It was perfect and you received so many nice gifts that will come in handy once you are here.  More to come on the shower in another post!!
      I have been feeling great lately... just a bit tired.  Maybe the exhaustion is coming back, but hopefully it's just a busy time of the year.  There is a lot going on right now and soon I will have all summer to relax.  I'm looking forward to a summer in Baltimore so Daddy can finally enjoy parts of the pregnancy like I have been.  I know he's looking forward to seeing you dance around in my belly.   Keep growing strong and healthy little one... We love you!
                                         Love,
                                      Mommy

No comments: