Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dear Baby Onion...

                                           
Dear Baby, 
     Things are still changing rapidly at 17 weeks.  Your skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.  Your eyes are facing more forward and your ears are almost in their final position.  You are becoming quite the flexible baby, with the ability to move your head, mouth, lips, arms, wrists, hands, legs, feet, and toes!  
     I have finally gotten rid of the cold that had me feeling pretty yucky last week.  Hopefully it stays away!  I have been waiting to feel you move and last week I experienced some weird feelings in my lower abdomen, especially when I would cough.  I asked the nurse if  I should be concerned because sometimes it was more of a painful sensation.  She said I could be feeling you move around, that it was nothing to worry about.... we'll see!  
    One of my sweet students brought in some gifts for you yesterday.  She gave you some outfits, a cute little chick toy, and a Pooh backpack for Mommy.  It was really special that she thought of you!  We also received an unexpected gift today from Carol's parents..... your stroller and car seat!!!  It was their way of saying thank you since they have been staying at our house while visiting Florida.  It was such a thoughtful and kind gesture, even though they went above and beyond.  It was such a surprise!!!! 
     Keep growing strong and healthy little one.... I'll see you next week! 
                                    Love,
                                  Mommy

Here is a picture of the stroller travel system.  It was exactly the one I wanted.... and I am in LOVE with it!!!  It is orange, beige, and white.  The inside has orange polka dots with white outlines.  SO CUTE!
Baby Trend Travel System - Orange Oak - Baby Trend  - Babies"R"UsBaby Trend Travel System - Orange Oak - Baby Trend  - Babies"R"Us

No comments: