Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's talk pregnancy dreams...

     Wow... pregnancy dreams are crazy, vivid, and sometimes make no sense!  One of these crazy dreams that still stands out happened about two weeks ago.  I was driving my car on a airport runway and at the time, this didn't even seem out of the ordinary.  Then, all of a sudden a space shuttle took off right in front of me.  This thing was so close to my car that I could literally feel the heat and the wind from it!!  It was the weirdest and scariest dream because it felt like it was really happening.  So what does this dream mean?  I don't know.... that I'm following my dreams, watching my dreams take off, my life is blasting off to a new chapter? Who knows, but I do know that it was quite interesting!
     Another crazy dream that I had this weekend woke me up a bit startled.  I'm not sure where I was or what I was doing, but I remember I had little drops of blood coming from my pores on my skin.  It was random... around my ankles, knees, on my arms.  Now this was only enough blood to create little droplets so it wasn't some kind of gory nightmare.  So noticing this, I went to my doctor and he said it was all a part of pregnancy... just to keep tissues with me at all times.  Hmmm, definitely not sure about this one!
     I have so many dreams, but the last one I'll share made me wonder if I'm having a baby girl.  It was kind of a fast forward kind of dream because my neighbors daughter was in it, but she was a little girl instead of a tiny baby.  Well, I guess she was here playing with our little one in our nursery.  However, the room was overwhelming pink.  Pink walls, pink bedding, pink toys.... is it a girl?!  
     Like I said... pregnancy dreams are crazy, vivid, and sometimes make no sense!
                                 Sweet Dreams!      
    

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hang on if you're having these types of dreams now!! I kept dreaming I was having a full grown child and it wouldn't fit into the hospital crib!! I love it that you're recording them. You and this baby will enjoy laughing over them one day!

Carol said...

Liz, enjoy them while they are happening. But to warn you, eventually you are going to have one of those perfectly enjoyable, but strange X rated dreams! I had one involving Mario Lopez wearing a hospital gown....WHAT? Last night I dreamt that baby girl's eyes were on the sides of her head and she had a nose like ET. It was rather frightening!!! It's all part of the journey!