Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9 weeks to go!

Dear Abigail,
     You must have had a growth spurt this week because Mommy's belly is really starting to show it!  At 31 weeks, you are about 18 inches long and weigh about 3.5 pounds!  The air sacs and branches in your lungs are now able to inflate, allowing you to take in air and breathe properly.  This is a huge milestone for you!  
     I have been feeling you move around a lot lately, sometimes it can be uncomfortable for me.  Last night, you kept me awake because you were moving so much.  Daddy felt you and was shocked at how strong you are!!  My back has been hurting a bit, but usually only when I've been on my feet for too long.  I've noticed a few Braxton Hicks contractions, or at least what I think are these "practice" contractions.  They don't last long and I haven't had enough to be concerned.  My body is just preparing for what is yet to come!
     Daddy left today for a West Coast road trip.  It was a bit hard to say goodbye even though he's only gone a week.  I imagine it will get harder and harder when he goes on road trips because I get nervous that something will happen when he's away.  Daddy has a way to keep me calm and free of any stress!  
     Keep growing strong and healthy little one... we will be seeing you in 9 days!  Your family is very excited to see what you are up to inside Mommy's belly.  I hope you heard Daddy and I tell you this today.... WE LOVE YOU!
                                                Love,
                                         Mommy

2 comments:

Carol said...

Ahh! Down to single digit weeks! The next 6 weeks will fly and then it'll be like slow motion. Enjoy it - the days of your pregnancy are really numbered now. When your back is killing you just remember...it's a lot easier to care for baby when she's still inside you!

Abdullah said...

For the Krtom powder wholesale in the USA it is recommended to avail the Kratom of the All-Natural Artisan, the best and the best of the Kratom avail at an affordable rates in the USA and the premium kratom sources from the best US laboratories and are picked from the best kratom fields in the USA visit to learn more