Wednesday, July 29, 2009

5 weeks ... 5 weeks!

Dear Abigail,
      I still cannot believe I am 35 weeks today!  You are over five pounds now, leaving you with even less space to move around.  That doesn't mean I don't feel you though, you are good at letting me know you are safe and snug.  Your kidneys are completely developed now and your liver is processing some waste products.  Physical development is complete at this point, so from here on out, you are just gaining weight ... which will show on your Mommy! Lucky me! :)
      It seems as though I've come back to the tired phase where I get worn out easily.  I'm resting as much as I can, whenever I can!  As much as I don't want to admit it, some days my feet have been swollen and my rings are getting tight!  Uh-oh!! Heartburn is getting worse and worse, but Tums still help ease that annoyance.  I've been noticing more Braxton Hicks contractions, usually when I've been walking a lot or on my feet for a long period of time.  When I lay down or rest, they subside... so all is good!  
      I have definitely gone into the "nesting" phase too.  I have organized and reorganized your closet about twenty times and I have one more shower to go, so I'm not done yet!  I just love looking through your clothes, toys, blankets.... anything.  I can't stop smiling whenever I'm going through your things.   
      It's amazing to think we have come this far and with each day that passes I get more and more excited to meet you and hold you in my arms.  Keep growing strong and healthy little one.  Daddy and I love you!
                                         Love, 
                                      Mommy

Here are some pictures to show one of my "nesting" projects.  I made dividers for Abigail's closet.  Why do I need them?  Who knows, but they are cute!

Looks just like a mini boutique in Abby's closet....

1 comment:

Carol said...

Enjoy the "nesting" phase. Once baby gets here you'll be lucky to find the time to clean or craft!

PS: When you find yourself scrubbing toilets at 2 am, you're probably going in to labor!