Thursday, July 23, 2009

6 weeks, really?!

Dear Abigail,
     Where is the time going?  I can't believe I am 34 weeks, 1 day.  6 weeks to go sounds like nothing!  You are now just over 19 inches long and weigh almost 5 pounds.  Your hair continues to get longer and thicker and you have shed most of the lanugo that was covering your body for protection.  Fingernails have now grown over your fingertips, so be careful not to scratch yourself!
      I'm starting to feel more and more pregnant each day.  You are moving all around, kicking my ribs and bladder, and I'm just now beginning to feel your weight pushing down.  I am not complaining though ... not yet.  I'm still having the daily heartburn, leg cramps, and numbness in my right leg when I move too quickly, walk a lot, or bend down.  Like the doctor said before, it's not normal, but it's common.  I guess you like to sit on a nerve that triggers my leg to feel asleep!
     Mommy and Daddy had a busy weekend in New York City.  I left on Sunday night, by train and got home last night.  I saw your Daddy play in the new Yankee stadium, which was exciting ... although we didn't win a game while we were there.  Your favorite part of the trip was the Lion King Musical on Broadway.  I have never felt you move around as much as you did during this show.  It was nonstop dancing, kicking, moving from start to finish.  Did you like the loud music?  I plan on buying the Lion King Soundtrack so you can listen to it along with Mommy!  
     Tomorrow, I have our next check-up so I can see what's going on with you.  Keep growing strong and healthy for us and we'll be seeing you soon.  I'm going to go take my vitamin, drink some water, and rest up for you.  Goodnight!
                                    Love,
                                 Mommy

2 comments:

Carol said...

I can't believe it! Isn't it amzaing how they respond to outside an outside stimulus. I felt the same way when we took Chloe to see Carrie Underwood with us...she was squiggling the whole time! I have the Lion King Soundtrack...I'll burn it for you and bring it with me in 2 weeks!

Sue said...

We had such a wonderful time on our recent visit. It was great to spend time with you and Jim, and a special treat to finally meet Jim's mom ;) Looking forward to updates as you get closer to that special delivery day. Can't wait to hear all the details. Stay well. Rest, rest, rest...you're going to need it. With love,
The Branca's