Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear Baby Honeydew...


                                             
Dear Abigail,
     33 weeks yesterday.... 7 weeks to go!  During the eighth month of pregnancy, you are about the size of a honeydew.  You weigh about 4.4 pounds now and measure about 19.4 inches in total length.  With the exception of crying, you are capable of doing everything that a newborn baby will do.  You are in birth position already, as we saw last week in your ultrasound.  
      I still feel you kicking and moving all around.  It's starting to get more uncomfortable at times as you keep growing.  Heartburn and back pain are the biggest symptoms for me now.  Lately, my right leg has been falling asleep if I stand up or bend down too quickly.  I talked to my doctor about this and was assured that although it's not normal, it's not uncommon.  
      I am excited to see you again tomorrow at our follow-up 4D ultrasound.  I hope this time we are able to get some clearer shots, but we'll see.  I will be happy to see you no matter what!  Keep growing strong and healthy little one ... Mommy and Daddy are constantly getting things ready for your arrival! :)
                                      Love,
                                   Mommy

1 comment:

Carol said...

Liz - You look so cute and I think on the big-o-meter you are still on the small side. You ain't seen nothin' yet, in 4 weeks your list of complaints will probably be twice as long. Enjoy it - the end is near. I can't wait to see you and Abigail (JJ too) in a few weeks!