Wednesday, July 8, 2009

32 weeks... 8 to go!

Dear Baby Abigail,
       You are steadily growing and each day I am amazed when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror.  Sometimes it just makes me laugh... I'm growing right along with you!  At this stage, your toenails and fingernails have formed and you now have real hair.  I often think about what color hair and how much hair you will have when you are born.  We'll see! 
       Now that you are growing so quickly, you are losing space to squirm all around.  However, I am able to feel you more and more because of this.  I'm still getting those kicks in the ribs and some uncomfortable pressure off and on.  I enjoy and love every minute of this.  It's still my favorite part of pregnancy and every time I feel you, I am reminded that in just eight or so weeks, I will be able to hold this precious little one that has been growing inside me for so long. 
        I continue to have heartburn.... it never goes away!  My lower back has been sore and I've found that swimming helps a great deal.  So not only am I getting some exercise, but it really helps ease the pain.  I've been a bit tired lately and my sleep at night isn't as good as it used to be.  It seems that you like to move all around during my sleep time! 
       Daddy comes home tonight from Seattle and we have a busy, but fun week ahead of us.  Tomorrow we have our 32 week check-up and a tour of the hospital!  If reality hasn't set in that I'm going to be delivering a baby soon, it will hit tomorrow for sure.  :)  On Friday, we will get to see you in 4D!!! Aunt Jen, Aunt Heather, and your cousin Emily are going along so they can share in this special moment with us.  Grandad and Grandma Rowland want to wait and see you for the first time when you are born... I guess they are looking forward to that surprise!  Me, on the other hand, have been counting down the days for this moment for a while now! 
       Keep growing strong and healthy for us ... Grandad Rowland already says you are and jokes with me that you are going to be a 12 pound baby.  No way Grandad! :)
                                               Love,
                                        Mommy

Here are pictures of Jim's Father's Day gift.  Abby will be so cute dressed in Orioles gear at a game this September! :)  The bow was made by a friend of mine - check out her site.  www.luxbabies.com !!


No comments: