Saturday, February 28, 2009

Upcoming Appointments...

     I am so excited about our upcoming appointments!  My next appointment is March 24, which will be a quick check-up.  Basically we will listen for the heartbeat again and redraw blood for the second part of the prenatal screening.  This testing checks for possible birth defects, such as down syndrome, which luckily the first part of the screening looked wonderful.       Then just a week later, on April 2, we will find out the sex of our little one!!  I am counting down the days already!  Since Jim will be in Baltimore getting ready for Opening Day, he won't be able to go to this appointment.  However, Dr. Towsley and I have a plan in place..... it's a good one!  Dr. Towsley will use a DVD to record the whole ultrasound from that day.  When he looks for the money shot, I'll just turn my head so I can't see that day.  Once he knows what the sex is, he'll put it in an envelope for safe keeping.  It's going to be hard to wait to open that envelope and will require a lot of strength, but I'll only have to wait for two days.  I will be heading up to Baltimore on April 4 for a week.  Yay for perfect Spring Break timing!  
     It will be so special to watch the DVD with Jim and then peek inside the envelope.  At least this way we will be able to find out such exciting news at the same time!  Way to go Dr. Towsley... just one more reason that I love this doctor.
     We have a lot to look forward to and I love every minute of it!

3 comments:

Alcala Family said...

That is SOOOO neat. What a great idea. Dr. Towsley is the best. Rico and I both loved him and he was awesome the whole step of the way. Oh, my guess..... a boy????

Carol said...

I can hardly wait! I'll be in full baby shopping mode by that point and can't wait to buy your little one a few special things. It won't be long until we are building that baby registry! My guess is....

Liz said...

Come on Carol... what is your guess???!!!!