Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dear Baby Prune...

                                         
Dear Baby,
    I'm not sure why at 10 weeks you are being compared to a prune, but that's what they say.  I've also heard you are the size of a walnut or small strawberry.  I will think of you as my little strawberry this upcoming week, instead of some shriveled up prune!!  Your bones and cartilage are starting to form and vital organs are beginning to function this week... you are making major progress little one!  I was happy to hear that your fingers and toes have separated and are no longer webbed and your tail has disappeared.  Wow, you truly are amazing... in every way.
     Mommy hasn't been feeling so well.  I think morning sickness has come full force, but will hopefully only last another few weeks.  It is starting to get really hard to get out of bed and get motivated in the mornings, especially when feeling so sick.  Last night I couldn't figure out what I wanted to eat so I sent Daddy to Subway to get me a Cold Cut sub.  Wrong choice!  I took about seven bites and that's as far as I got.  The rest came back to visit.  Ugh.  Orange juice, Ovaltine and pizza are still high on my list of favorites right now.  I will start feeling better soon, don't worry about me... you keep getting comfortable and make yourself at home!
     I'm beginning to get very excited about you, since we are making such great milestones this time around.  You are such a blessing and I'm praying to God every night to keep you strong and healthy.  
                                      Love,
                                    Mommy

No comments: