Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dear Baby Peach...

                                          
Dear Baby,
     I keep staring at your ultrasound pictures from Tuesday and simply can't get over the fact that I'm bringing a new life into this world.  It is truly a miracle.  Today we arrive at 13 weeks, where you are the size of a peach.  You are forming sockets for all of your teeth and vocal cords, even though they are non-functioning right now.  Your intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to your tummy, which makes things much more convenient.  Fingerprints have even formed on your tiny fingertips.  I think you are growing to be tall already too.  The ultrasound tech told me that you were already so long!!! She hasn't seen your Daddy before... but if she did, she would know where that is coming from.  
     I was starting to feel better, but it's still day to day.  Most days start off shaky but get much better by mid-morning.  I am trying to get more iron in my diet for you.  I'm eating more nuts, raisins, and green veggies.  Hopefully that will be enough for now until I feel like I can eat red meat again.  
     I can't wait to start feeling you move and flutter about.  I'm anxious to know how that feels! Keep growing strong little peach! 
                                      Love, 
                                   Mommy
     

No comments: