Monday, February 9, 2009

A lot changes in just a week and a half.......

        Today was a wonderful day!  Started off shaky, but gets really good... just keep reading, I promise!  I started off the morning feeling tired and got sick right before leaving for school.  Talk about a case of the Mondays!  Later in the morning, I realized that I was spotting yet again.  Why me???  Today it was a bit different, not a lot there but definitely red in color.  I called the doc and they said to come on in and they will listen for a heartbeat, but wouldn't be able to do an ultrasound.  I was nervous to go in since I was warned that it may be too early to hear the heartbeat... then in that case, I would really freak out. 
        I saw a different doctor today since Dr. Towsley was at a different office.  Dr. Hamel was very nice and wanted to put my mind at ease.   I was in shock when I saw her roll the ultrasound machine in, since I was told she was unable to do a scan today.  God bless her!!  
        Sure enough, there was our Baby, heart beating away, and legs kicking all around.  Dr. Hamel said the heart was beating at a great rate and I was truly amazed to see how much has changed it just a week and a half.  When Jim and I had our last ultrasound, our little Baby must have been napping, but today the little one was quite active.  I still find it to be such a miracle that this is all happening in my body.  Amazing.  
        So.... crazy day, but all in all, things are PERFECT.  I'm going to bed soon to catch up on some sleep and get ready for Tuesday.  I'll post back on Thursday!

No comments: