Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dear Baby Squash...

                             
Dear Baby Abigail,
     29 weeks today!  In the seventh month of pregnancy, your five senses are all functional and your brain and nervous system are going through major developments.  Throughout this month, you will be about the size of a squash, about 15.2 to 16.7 inches and will weigh between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds.  You will be almost 4 pounds when we reach the eighth month of pregnancy... wow!
     We had a doctors appointment (at our new practice) today to see how you were doing and the doctor was very pleased with everything.  Your heartbeat was strong and always makes me smile at such a beautiful sound.  I am going to start taking an additional iron supplement since I don't seem to be getting enough in my diet.  
     You have been quite the active little baby lately and I enjoy every second.  It is great to see and feel my belly move all around.  Every now and then, I feel you close to my ribs which is a bit uncomfortable!  Daddy felt you for the first time last week ... what a special moment for us to share.  Since then, his hands move towards my belly a lot and he's always asking about you... if you are napping or moving around.  :)  
     I've been feeling good lately.  Daddy had to get a massage for his back and shoulder the other day, so he was thoughtful enough to have one set up for me as well.  It was wonderful and really helped me with my lower back pain and leg cramps.  Yay Daddy!  Now if I could just figure out what foods cause my heartburn and constipation, things will be going great!  I can never win with either of these symptoms!!! Ugh.
     Keep growing strong and healthy little one... Max is doing his job as a big brother (yes, I know he's a dog) to protect you.  He follows me around and lays with me all the time.  He is going to love having a little girl to play with!! :)
                                       Love,
                                    Mommy
    
Here is the dress you will wear home from the hospital... it's so ADORABLE!! :)
 

1 comment:

cara said...

Nice daddy! Cute dress and the garden is really growing! Love the blog!