Thursday, June 11, 2009

28 weeks!!

Dear Abigail,
     Here we are at 28 weeks!  A lot has been changing over the last few weeks.  We are now in Baltimore with Daddy and Max, spending some time together, which has been really enjoyable.  I've also gotten to spend some time with family and look forward to being here for the rest of the summer.  It's great!  
     You are growing, growing, and growing some more!  You are measuring about 14.8 inches from the top of your head to your heels and weigh about 2.25 pounds.  At this stage, you can blink your eyes, which now have lashes and your eyesight is developing.  
     I got my results back from the glucose screening and all is well.  No worries with gestational diabetes thankfully. (and no more drinking that yucky, sugary stuff!!)  Blood results still show that I'm a bit anemic, so I'm trying to fit more iron into my diet.  
     I've been feeling great lately, feeling you kick and dance around.  Daddy felt you our first night together, but hasn't had any luck sense.  Whenever I feel you, I quickly tell him to put his hand on my belly... but then you stop moving!!  Daddy says it's okay because he wants you to be a sleeping baby! :)  (sleeping patterns are beginning to develop already)  He asked the other day if you knew his voice by now and I know you do.  It's great having Daddy around, isn't it?!  Last night was the first night, I didn't feel too well.  I had leg cramps throughout the night, shoulder pain, and was short of breath.  It really scared me but laying down helped and this morning I feel fine.  I can feel you moving around as I type. :)
     Keep growing strong and healthy little one.  Daddy and I are so excited to meet you ... and Max too.  I truly believe that he knows we are about to have a new addition to our family!!
                     Love,
                   Mommy

No comments: