Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So far things are looking good!!!  I went in for my blood redraw yesterday and got my HCG results from the doctor.  Before I even got the results, this is how it all unfolded.....

Where it all started... Jim's parents, Jim and I are unloading from the truck to head into Target for the after Christmas clearance.  The nurse from my doctor's office called and said, "I'm not sure why, I don't have your chart in front of me, but Dr. Towsley wants you to come in today for a redraw.  He says your numbers are only at 62."  Well, I immediately freak out and think something is wrong because that number sounds super low for the second blood draw.  The whole gang then travels to my doctors office, where I head right in thinking the worst.  

I get into this little room, where I have spent A LOT of time getting blood work done since the miscarriage and I start to cry.  The nurse was like, "It's okay... have you been spotting? Anything out of the ordinary?" This hit me like a ton of bricks.  I didn't even know what in the world was going on.  I was fine!  Come to find out, the nurse simply FORGOT that I had already gone to Quest that morning.  They had the results and numbers were great!  Then a flood of happy tears came over me... it was all too crazy!  

My HCG levels were 62 on Friday and 318 on Monday.  These numbers are supposed to double every 48-72 hours, so we are looking good so far!! Dr. Towsley seemed very happy with these numbers.  YAY! I scheduled my first appointment on January 13, which will put me at close to 7 weeks.  We should be able to see a heartbeat then so we are looking forward to our first ultrasound.  It will be so different this time around.  

So what started off as quite a scare turned into some great news... and we still made it to the Target Clearance Sale!




No comments: