Thursday, December 25, 2008

Miracles do happen...

     It all started about a week ago when I started to feel kinda icky.  I was feeling nauseous off and on, had minor cramping, and a bit of dizziness.  All of these symptoms were all too familiar and I kept thinking, "Could this be it?"  I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I prayed every night and was hoping for a Christmas Miracle.  So, Jim and I decided we would test on Christmas morning, if my period hadn't shown up yet.  
     So Christmas Eve, I was up bright and early not feeling too great.  Then the feeling passed within an hour and I really started to think about maybe being pregnant.  So here we are Christmas Day, and I woke up around 2 am, feeling sick.... went back to bed... woke up at 4 am, ugh.. still feeling sick.... finally at 7 am, I woke up and took a test.  TWO LINES!!!!!! Faint lines, but it's still early.... and any two lines, whether light or dark is a BEAUTIFUL thing!!  
It took me a minute for it to sink in, so I continued to sit on the toilet and enjoyed a few silent tears of happiness.   I then walked into the bedroom and woke Jim up to tell him our good news.  It was so exciting... even though Jim had to be up so early! 

      I truly believe in miracles and my prayers were answered.  Christmas 2008 will never be forgotten since we got the best gift anyone could wish for... our Christmas Miracle!

No comments: